• Keep store small for now, and add a Donor skin

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fruit

Does not Expire
Council Member
I have added in a poll to get the opinions of others about the Store. Select all that apply to you.
Read the rest down below.
Please comment down below and discuss the topic. I need feedback of these changes and how we should cope with the cons and pros for the future.

EDIT: Please keep in mind, Bor3d can NOT just add the Store back and take it away on a whim. Please take extra care in your decision and give it some thought. We need to be ABSOLUTELY sure!

Store Discussion
Ok, we all know this is a heavy topic and really controversial about the recent store changes. We are steadily getting our population back together, and we reduced the downloads of the server so people will not be overwhelmed by the amount of downloads in the beginning of a first time download.

This is from my experience and experience of a couple other players: When I recently started coming back and being active again, I've witnessed countless people joining and quitting before they even get into the server. I really like the store, but it's kind of demotivating to hop into a server and download a bunch of stuff in a server that isn't as populated. Compared to a 10/40 player server to a 40/40 player server, Store would not be as successful on lower pop. In my opinion though, I think the store should reflect the servers population and how it runs. When we start getting heavy on players again, I think it would be logical to increase the store inventory since more and more are coming back to play on bG.

Donor Skin vs Store
My idea of what I wanted to do was keep it simple, but still give incentive for people to stay. So I added the suggestion of having a Donor skin which is very much needed. It provides a cool perk for people who donate and help keep the server up. I know its contradicting to remove store items and then add a skin, but this is something every server has and should symbolize appreciation for donating to the server. (Additional perks or addons for Donors can be discussed at a later date, but for now, just a really good skin would work.) Another thing to add, instead of freeze grenade, I think molotovs should be the donor perk instead. There's a ton of maps that causes exploits or glitching to occur when people freeze grenade zombies. (Ex: ze_echo_boatescape human throws freeze at boat, zombies get glitch through and fall into water.) I think freeze grenade should be removed for now. The Store may be small as of right now, but at least there still is some items to buy. I think as we grow, the Store should grow with it. I'm not exactly sure how store is added, like does it have to be all at once? Or can you gradually add more items every month? (question for @bor3d).

Map Configurations
Also, I've been going around editing ZE timers and making the human-sided maps (mainly the old maps) more fun and intriguing. So far I have little to no complaints about zombies spawning with the humans on older maps like ze_echo_boatescape. Some timers can be adjusted, and I am willing to help out the best I can at adjusting to the community's liking. If there's any maps that think need tuning, let me know and ill look into it and ask around.

Ranking system

The ranking system was ambitious and I like that. But with every ranking system in development, comes with early flaws that need to be buffed out or explained. Right now the developer of the rank plugin is unresponsive and it kind of makes things a little more complicated. The most noticible flaw of the ranked system is the notifications for gaining one point after 2500 dmg to zombie. The best bor3d can do is turn off the rank system, but then that loses a bit of incentive for some to play. So I hope bor3d can get in contact soon and hope fully he can fix that bug. Minus the notifications popup, the ranked system I think is a very nice addition. We just need a Leaderboard on the forums and a list of which rank is which. Having a list of the ranks would help out some of the confusion of "what does my rank mean compared to all others."

Enjoyment
As for enjoyment of the server, I really am enjoying the new faces I see and the older ones as well returning! I think the server is steadily getting back on its feet, and its all thanks to you guys! Keep it up and I'm pretty sure we can do really well in the near future! I really love this community, and the community is what really matters keeping people coming back again! I will do my best, and I hope to see yall in the server!

Oh, and another thing. Theres a possibility of advertisement to the server on youtube if we get the chance. Theres a contact I can try and ask to record a youtube video of our server, but the players need to be around at least 30. Hes a very popular zombie escape youtuber, and I have no doubt in my mind, that it would get our name out there for everyone to see.

Please comment down below and discuss the topic. I need feedback of these changes and how we should cope with the cons and pros for the future.

Last edited:

Fuze

Server Admin
This is a really hard decision to make. Personally, I would like to have the store added back but at the same time, populating the server is more important. For this to work, we would need more regulars to be active on the server, but I understand a lot of you are busy with school, work, etc. It is like a gamble. Either we sacrifice the store for easy downloads, or give what the majority people wants such as cosmetics. In all honesty, best way for this to work is to have the regulars come on more often for a longer period of time.

I think its a great idea! Im pretty sure it wont detour anyone from coming and playing even if it takes like 10 minutes to download and get into the server. Most games truly are built on a level up system. And this would sorta be like one. The more you play/ better you do the more points you get and the cooler stuff you get. Its just like any game. You want to look cool, and it will make you play a little longer to get up those points. Of course the community itself makes the biggest difference but this definitely can help a bit. I for one would probably play more often,longer and try harder if there was something in it for me. SG has a huge download file but i still went lol. Downloads are getting larger and larger anyway, as there's more updates and better graphics to any game.

I do feel like having more store items gives the server a more appealing charm. It may take people longer to download on first connection, but I also feel like it would give them more of a reason to stay as well. Possibly adjusting the credits system to award points for various tasks and making it a bit more obvious would help also. I didn't even know we had a store for a long time. It gives people the chance to show off what they have earned as well.

Fruit

Does not Expire
Council Member
Another thing to add, Hats were a donor perk before-hand, but I think hats are extremely popular and in high demand. Multiple other servers have hats available to everyone. I dont think we should restrict this item to only Donors if Hats get added back. Hats are a major part of apparel for CTs. Trails. masks, and glasses are optional and should be donor perks if they were added back, but hats should be kept as a free item. IF ANY items were to be added back now. I'd say Hats, but everything else is a NO, because downloads need to be limited as much as possible for now In my opinion.

We also need a top10 list for Rank, and a layout of all the ranks on the forums.

Jesus

Server Admin
fruits right about the donor perks. people that have donated are entitled to the the hats and masks ect and most have donated because of that but changing hats and masks to skins for donor perks is a awesome idea

Last edited:

Blue Dragon

The Frosty One
Council Member
I personally dislike the store and would rather build the server around the rank plugin instead of the store to have people coming back.

We’re already really laid-back on the server, and after I’m done messing with the rank plugin, I feel like we can add more cudtomization to it.

Custom titles and ranks have been proven to see returning players over a store where most of the new players, unless given credits never even see the store items before leaving and never returning, even if they stayed for the ridiculous download.

Just my two cents.

Fuze

Server Admin
I think credits should be utilized more rather than having for just a show. Especially the ZE community, players will favour more towards skins as an interests for being on the server. Stuff like hats as mentioned, it should be a public purchase. Whereas for trails, it should be kept only as a donor perk since it has a much bigger of a circumference animation effect which could be a bit too much.

As long as players such as admins/regulars can be more active and help regrow the server, having the store shouldn’t be an issue in terms of having to lose a small amount of players that have a hard time downloading the plugins.

Fruit

Does not Expire
Council Member
I think credits should be utilized more rather than having for just a show. Especially the ZE community, players will favour more towards skins as an interests for being on the server. Stuff like hats as mentioned, it should be a public purchase. Whereas for trails, it should be kept only as a donor perk since it has a much bigger of a circumference animation effect which could be a bit too much.

As long as players such as admins/regulars can be more active and help regrow the server, having the store shouldn’t be an issue in terms of having to lose a small amount of players that have a hard time downloading the plugins.
Thats the main issue there though, we dont have a lot of active admins anymore, only just a handful. We have regulars, but alot of them are on at different times or are semi active. I really want to focus on the rank system and get that implemented fully, and hopefully have a donor skin added. I really dont want to lose the store idea of course, I think it went a little overboard with the amount of stuff removed, but we dont really need all that extra stuff besides the hats. Hats were very popular with some.