Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register »

Pokemon GO

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tensa Zangetsu, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Tensa Zangetsu

Tensa Zangetsu Server Admin
    Server Admin

Lately i have been seeing a lot of videos for pokemon GO. It looks so amazingly awesome i really wanna play it. Sadly it is not available in canada yet :( Does anyone know when it will be available here or if there is a way to aquire it anyway?

2. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I'm a Pokemon Master.

3. Tensa Zangetsu

Server Admin

I wish i was. I so want to randomly wander around and catch a dratini. Dragonite has always been one of my favourite pokemon

4. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Server Admin
    Server Admin

If you've got an android phone you can manually download it onto your computer and then transfer the app onto your device.

• Like Like x 1
    • Tensa Zangetsu

Server Admin

I see, well i have a nexus 5. So that should be easy enough i suppose. Is there actually going to be a legit release for it in canada though?

• Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
      Council Member

Man have I got good news for you my fellow country-man! @Tensa Zangetsu It's available for android devices in all countries (unofficially, but it even already works for Canadian dollars via Google play funds) so you can download here:
      Pokémon GO 0.29.0 APK Download by Niantic, Inc. - APKMirror | http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/
      And then run it like a normal, non-play store android app! You sign in with a google ID, and there's already some locations prepped for Pokestops and Poke Gyms!

Just caught an Onix today, so hyped. Level 7 woot! Got over 25+ unique types over the last few days. Pro tip, use incense while walking for better results. Don't waste candies on powering up pokemon as you'll evolve them anyways and gain higher Combat Point variants. If you want a Pikachu, walk away from the starters 3-5 times. @Blue Dragon told me that tip, might be fake.

• Tensa Zangetsu

Server Admin

I just dled it. I haven't had any time to go wander for some pokemon yet but my adventure to catch them all begins now!!

Also that tip about pikachu isn't a fake. I saw someone do it on youtube legit. You gotta make them respawn 4 times and then pikachu appears

• Hardcore

Council Member

Level 9 is approaching, up to 33/151.

Bug Trainer Hardcore would like to battle! :3

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
      Founder

I'm only level 7 and catching whatever is around lol. I'm not picky, called me a "Lazy Ass Trainer".

• Hardcore

Council Member

The real question that needs answers - What team and starter did you guys pick?

Also, what Eevee is best?

• Fullmetal

Fullmetal Server Admin
      Server Admin

Team Mystic all the way baby, and starters don't really matter. I've caught all 3 so far.

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
      Founder

My friends want me to do Yellow and my family wants me to do Red. I started with Charmander.

• Tensa Zangetsu

Server Admin

I started with squirtle and I'm not yet level 5. However I plan on choosing team mystic which I think is the blue team if memory serves me. I haven't had too much time to venture yet because of work

• Fullmetal

Fullmetal Server Admin
      Server Admin

Anybody else longboard/bike rather than walk when you're out looking for pokemans?

• Hardcore

Council Member

Roads near me aren't that smooth, so I don't own a longboard. I just go on foot. I heard that the game has issues above 10 MPH but maybe that's dependent on a lot of variables like phone, obstructions, ect. Definitely easier eggs!

• Fullmetal

Fullmetal Server Admin
      Server Admin

Post teams here?

Attached Files:

• Tensa Zangetsu

Server Admin

Sadly there isn't much in the ways of pokestops near me. So i have to drive to more interesting places to be able to get anything. So for me i tend to just walk once i arrive somewhere

• Hardcore

Council Member

Churches, Fancy statues/modern art, War mamorials (ie. gunships, plaques), malls, and public parks are your best bet.

Caught a lot tonight, pretty pumped!

• Tensa Zangetsu

Server Admin

I know, there just aren't really any of those within close walking distance from my house :p

• Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon The Frosty One
      Council Member

Started with Charmander. Team Mystic. Trainer Lv. 16. Highest CP Pokemon 1500+
      Using a secondary account to Python Script Pokemon locations. (Since tracking is not working.)

Highest CP Pokemon? Vaporeon. Those are broken as fuck right now.