Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Pistols having knife movespeed discussion thread

Discussion in 'Zombie Escape' started by Hardcore, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
    Council Member

Title says it all; Basically a thing I keep hearing pop up is people annoyed by the lower move speed for pistols and it's often brought up as a area of discussion/improvement to me so I wanted to make a thread to consolidate any opinions on the topic. Knife is around 250 movespeed, and pistols are 240 currently so it's not a huge trade off either way.

Personal opinion is it won't harm the server because it's an intuitive change and people will easy adapt to it. It might make it a bit more CT sided on already CT sided maps though, when you consider the knock-back of a deagle head-shot or the 30 rounds in the duelies.

Share your thoughts! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • bor3d

bor3d Founder
      Founder

I'm looking into having a weapon speed addon made to adjust speed per weapons. It's still in development. I wanted to add back fast scouts because it's a classic feel.

• Like Like x 2
      • RCKLSS

RCKLSS n00b

I would rather have it not in the game cause, zombies will not stand a chance against people shooting them back with elites. I think it should stay the way it is. Thats my opinion on it. ~ SuperMan.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Chipsahoyguy1980

Maybe make some of the lesser used pistols that are not used often because of their magazine capacity and or knock back have the increased speed boost while others like the tec-9 or desert eagle not have the increase to encourage some to use the pistols and also because with the more spam type pistols it would make it a little more difficult for the zombies because of the knock back to catch up and I feel that the way some of the speeds for the spray and pray pistols and the desert eagle are just fine.

• Hardcore

Council Member

Just to points out - The Deagle and the R8 are 230(deagle)/220(r8) movespeed. The rest of pistols are 240. Knife is 250. I think we ended up not touching any of the movespeeds because a pistol should be for knocking the zombies back a bit in case of emergency or while you run away. Making the pistols too fast makes it tough for zombies because of the perma-kite potential. The hit in move speed is good in this regard.

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
          Founder

As of right now the speed adjustment plugin doesn't seem to be plausible. I attempted to have it developed and it did not work.

• Informative Informative x 2
          • Spudbar

Spudbar n00b

Wouldn't be good for the balance of the game.
            Right now, there's advantages and disadvantages to choosing between a pistol or knife when running to another area. Using the knife will let you run the fastest, as fast as the zombies, but you won't be able to push them back from a safe distance. Using a pistol will let you shoot as you run and push zombies back for a little extra time, but you might fall behind your team, or not be able to push the zombies back enough to keep yourself safe.
            Giving any of the pistols a movespeed equivalent to the knife would give CTs more of an advantage than they need. You'd be almost impossible to catch in most situations.

• Tsunder

Tsunder Server Admin
            Server Admin

It is mostly a nostalgia push, while at the moment pistol backpedaling isn't a thing people do anymore

• Genghis Khan

I think that it is fine to keep the pistol speed at 240, as you said it is not much of a difference anyway, also it would kind of give an unfair advantage to the humans as t would allow for them to continuously shoot the zombies and move as fast and if they were only running with their knives out. Now I don't know if backpeddeling is slower but if it isn't than I feel that this kind of adds just a little bit of a disadvantage to the already disadvantaged zombies

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
            Founder

This ended up being impossible to do anyway.

• Hardcore

Council Member

Can we lock it from farther replies maybe?

Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.