All Servers New Bans System & Fast Downloads Move

Hey All,

Just wanted to give you heads up that we've made a few changes to the game servers over the past few days. As you know we've moved our servers from our Linux-based system to a Windows-based system. This move, so far, has netted some pretty good results and I'm happy to say the servers have appeared to be more stable. As always, if that is not the case, please let me know.

One of my goals for a few years now has been to ditch our reliance on SourceBans. That is not to say that SourceBans isn't a good tool for some communities, but it did not fit our needs. Most of the features were not utilized and I wanted something more integrated with our website. Thanks to some wonderful dev work, we've got our own unique Bans system. The system is completely integrated with XenForo and I'm hoping it makes life easier for our admins.

Since we've moved to the new Bans system, we have no ban records. You know what this means? That's right, a second chance for everyone involved. I would recommend you all take advantage of it! I doubt this will happen again in the near future.

Lastly, I've moved the Fast Downloads server from our web hosting VPS to our dedicated gaming server. This makes the synchronization much faster and also helps with download speeds. In addition, the Windows-based environment doesn't rely on case-sensitive naming conventions. This means we'll no longer get issues with people being unable to download files because of weird capitalizations in file names, etc.

I've also set up a redirect from the old fast downloads sub-domain to the new one. This should help with anyone using our old links to download files.

Appreciate any feedback you guys have and thank you!