Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Fixed General Issue: Store or something is disabling the "disarm" areas...

Discussion in 'Support Center' started by Fruit, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Fruit

Fruit Does not Expire
    Council Member

What type of issue are you having?:
    General Issue
    Short description of the issue you're having:
    Store or something is disabling the "disarm" areas...
    Steps to reproduce your issue:
    Ok so, I have been seeing some odd or strange issues, and they all seem to add up or have the same type of problem.
    What I've been noticing is that when a "human" or "terrorist" entity moves closer to an item attached to a knife weapon, the invisible Trigger that disarms you, Breaks...
    say for example: Playing on my own server, I can get the knife weapon everytime because the trigger that disarms me doesnt break, resulting in me being able to pick up the knife. But in ZE, Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a feeling something is breaking this trigger. Whenever you pass over the Invisible Trigger, it doesn't disarm you, meaning you can't pick up the knife weapons. I have to manually disarm myself (via admin command) to pick up the knife weapon.

NOTE: This only deals with items attached by Knives, and only Knives.

Maps with known Knife weapons that have been proved to not been able to be picked up:
    ze_ffxii_feywood
    ze_ffxii_paramina
    ze_lotr_Minas_Tirith
    ze_tyranny

Theres only one small problem, how come I can pick up knife weapons on paranoid and not any other map. This is what has been bothering me in actually trying to diagnose the problem.​

2. purplex

purplex n00b

i would agree fruit because well all the time if we wanted the z-power up then we the admins would half to disarm us so we an use the z-power ups
    so if we can fix that that would be great

3. Jesus

Jesus Server Admin
    Server Admin

i've also noticed if you disarm the zombies and they pick up 2 power ups it cancels the other one out

4. Jesus

Jesus Server Admin
    Server Admin

what i mean by that both will show and only the previous power up will work

5. purplex

purplex n00b

also we would just need an admin to do this as well

6. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I've added a plugin to the server that anyone can use that can remove their knife. See if it helps. Type !disarm and it should remove your knife.

7. Fruit

Fruit Does not Expire
    Council Member

I hope there may be a way to diagnose the issue maybe... I was wondering if this could be tested on the Test server, and test things out like removing the NoBlock or Store and see if it solves any problems. The disarm for knife on minas is ALSO the blocker that keeps people from going in the room to get the items. Theres a new version of Minas which corrects alot of the lighting issues. If the issue is resolved, I would very much like to try it out. The map is very playable, theres a youtube video if it being played properly.
    Anyways, if we can get into that Test server, theres a couple entity commands that could be executed to see whats malfunctioning possibly.

Not saying we should remove store if its the issue... Just saying if it is, I want to see if we could fix the issue within it.

8. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I'll do some testing this weekend.

9. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

It's not the store. I removed the store and still could not pick up zombie specific items.

10. Fruit

Fruit Does not Expire
    Council Member

then there has to be something in the ZE mod acting up or not compatitable, could be a plugin. Ive seen the items work on other servers, just not ours. I wouldnt mind going through each plugin we have to see if it has any effect.

11. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

Took some time to figure out the cause, but this is now fixed.

• Like Like x 2