Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Denied Game Servers Suggestion: Medishot/Healthshot

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Captain Toast, Oct 18, 2016.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I like it, let's do it!

100.0%
  2. I'm not a fan, no thanks...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Captain Toast

What is your suggestion for?:
    Game Servers
    Brief title of your suggestion:
    Medishot/Healthshot
    Tell us your suggestion:
    I was server hopping the other day and came across my first actual use of the healthshots in one of the servers.
    I've seen that we have them on bg, but they're apparently admin/donor only.

I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to just make them available to the public. They don't exactly change the balance that much. With all the bosses and random drops that are in some of the maps, it would only really help in minor situations.
    An extra 50-100hp(I don't know the exact value they heal for on the server) wouldn't really affect boss fights that much. If it really gets that close, the cts are usually dead anyways.
    The extra health would however help a lot of newer players actually be able to get to the ends of maps when it comes to small periodic damage that you take from smaller falls. Since the max health of a human isn't changed by them(I assume) the large drops and instant kills in maps will still work as the map maker planned them to.

As for removing it from donor/admin only, I don't think it would be that bad. Most admins and donors don't really need them that badly anyways, and it would still be available if they did.

If it does get enabled, it might be worth putting them in the store. Maybe 200-300 credits to get on at the start of every round. Or just have them cost a certain amount of cash in game.​

2. Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
    Council Member

Exact value is 50hp, which could also be changed via config (There's a command in the engine for it, healthshot_healthammount or something like that)

I think putting it as a store item for non-donors might actually be a fantastic idea. But, they exist as currently one of the only donor perks so ultimately it's up to bor3d. It's a not a huge deal since most things kill you outright anyways, and it takes a second to actually apply the health. All maps are beatable without the health-shot, and it doesn't change the game balance.

I do think it's potentially a neat thing to give to new members as well since it appears as an additional weapon to get people excited about.

3. Captain Toast

Don't admin/donors have access to hats and trails ATM? Or is that just fruit?
    And that's kinda what I meant about how little they change. They'd only really be gamechanging to new players who don't know how to avoid a lot of the little damage that stacks up over time.
    Best example I can think of is Frost Drake. There are hundreds of small drops that can only take 5-10 damage from, but they stack up. Yes they can be avoided, but usually that kinda takes experience that people new to the map don't have.

4. Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
    Council Member

Admins + donors all have access.

Frostdrake is probably one of the hardest maps, and while I agree it's helpful to new players on it most players are rather reckless when they die of it since we generally don't make it to the boss before zombies anyway.

5. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

Appreciate the suggestion, but it's a donor perk because there aren't many things that can be donor perks. We've gotten along without health shots in CSS, so having it as a perk now in CSGO seems like a gimmie. No reason to make it for everyone. I also cannot include it in the store as a purchasable item.