Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Denied Game Servers Suggestion: loadout skins for both teams

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Tensa Zangetsu, Aug 6, 2016.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I like it, let's do it!

100.0%
  2. I'm not a fan, no thanks...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tensa Zangetsu

Tensa Zangetsu Server Admin
    Server Admin

What is your suggestion for?:
    Game Servers
    Brief title of your suggestion:
    loadout skins for both teams
    Tell us your suggestion:
    I was wondering if there was a plugin or something that would let you use your skins no matter what team you get spawned as on zombies. Like if i wanted to use my ak47 wasteland rebel but spawned as ct. I know personally i check what team i'm on before deciding what weapon for that reason. If i'm ct i avoid the ak even though i would prefer it over the m4 because of the knockback. I'm sure others feel the same, i know i've heard people ask where their skins were from time to time. This may help increase the use of team specific weapons for people​

2. Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon The Frosty One
    Council Member

I personally really like this idea, but I have my doubts about if it'd be possible to pull off, given the restrictions of CS:GO.
    In case anyone would have a suggestion on how to fix this, please post into this thread. I'm not sure about additional plugins.

3. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

Anything regarding skins or forcing changes with skins is a violation of the CSGO policy and could get our servers banned. Unfortunately I don't want to test this.

4. Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
    Council Member

I did happen to stumble upon this: CS:GO GiveNamedItem Econ - AlliedModders | https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236199 And [CS:GO] Always Weapon Skins [2.2.5 :: 2016.07.03] - AlliedModders | https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2112938

If memory serves, valve looks for specific weapon skin calls to figure out if a plugin is in violation of the ToS for changing skins too.
    Via Official Post from Valve, banned plugins specifics
    โ€“ Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).
    โ€“ Providing a falsified competitive skill group and/or profile rank status or scoreboard coin (e.g., Operation Challenge Coins).
    โ€“ Interfering with systems that allow players to correctly access their own CS:GO inventories, items, or profile.

Not saying we should put the server on the line if it might be flagged, but this looks to be within fair use, and I'm just trying to be helpful if a solution is out there.

5. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I'm not touching anything with skins. End of discussion.