Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Approved Game Servers Suggestion: Increase maximum spectators

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Hardcore, Aug 4, 2016.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I like it, let's do it!

50.0%
  2. I'm not a fan, no thanks...

50.0%
  1. Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
    Council Member

What is your suggestion for?:
    Game Servers
    Brief title of your suggestion:
    Increase maximum spectators
    Tell us your suggestion:
    Looks to be limited to 2, I did find a command that might help.

mp_spectators_max 2;​

2. Chipsahoyguy1980

I would agree but i feel that when people play zombie escape and they get killed by a zombie and they turn into one, sometimes instead of playing as the zombies people just go into spectator. While in small numbers its fine but if you would increase it a lot more people can go into spectator and not participate/ help the zombies win and it would make it not fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hardcore

Council Member

I do agree this is a problem, and it should be dealt with. Generally admins will take a stance of "Is this person detracting from the game? Or is this person improving it?". If you see somebody doing this, explain to them why this is causing you grief in a non-demeaning/non-angry way. It's against the spirit of the game in the same way that knifing zombies into humans on purpose is. Talk to myself or other admins if possible if it's still causing problems.

The reason for people to be in spectate may vary, but the possibility should be there to be in spec. If there's an admin in spec, 1 afk sitting out to do something quickly, and 1 person eating - They should all be allowed to spec unless the server is at capacity. Obviously 20 spectator slots isn't practical but something like 6 might be nice sometimes. We can always kick excess specs if we hit the cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • bor3d

bor3d Founder
        Founder

It's been increased to 10 for reach server. Shouldn't be an issue if admins make sure no one is squatting for too long.

• Like Like x 2
        • Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon The Frosty One
          Council Member

I personally think that the count for spectators shouldn't be upped too much, since both teams need active players to keep the mode fun for all.
          I've seen enough people on CS:S ZE sitting in spectate waiting for their preferred stage or map for hours, not participating in the game-play.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Hardcore

Council Member

While I agree it could pose a problem, the problem won't be fixed at any spec count number. Since we need spectate at times, might as well make it so we can always get into spectate. Admins should manage spectators as best they can as well as encourage people to play the game. If somebody is spending an hour in spec, we can boot them.

• Spudbar

Spudbar n00b

If it helps admins moderate the server, then I think the max spectator cap is fine being raised. Personally I have no problem with people who stay in spectator for several rounds (so long as we aren't too low on actual players), what I find annoying is that players join spectator for the duration of a round because they don't want to play as a zombie. Some players that I won't name have been doing this consistently, and more often than not join spectators after getting knifed, only joining back in once the round is over and they can play as a human again. Ruins the balance of Zombie Escape, since strength in numbers is so important.

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Hardcore

Council Member

For one, the cap is already raised.

Secondly, I agree. Call people out on it, and tell the admins.

• Like Like x 1