Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Approved Game Servers Suggestion: Having a default loadout for the !guns menu

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Tsunder, Aug 28, 2016.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I like it, let's do it!

100.0%
  2. I'm not a fan, no thanks...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tsunder

Tsunder Server Admin
    Server Admin

What is your suggestion for?:
    Game Servers
    Brief title of your suggestion:
    Having a default loadout for the !guns menu
    Tell us your suggestion:
    I think it would be nice to automaticly set the !guns menu to instead of popping up everytime to be defaulted to a p90 and dual berettas. Not only would it improve the overall consistancy of players having proper weapons but it will divert people from buying troll guns​

2. Genghis Khan

I think instead of only allowing the p90 and dual Barettas it should just be we still have the !guns menu but we instead of spawning with the default side pistol(USP, P2K, Glock) that we spawn with the p90 and dual barettas as a way of preventing players from spawning or not having guns after the first infected has been chosen

3. Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
    Council Member

I think you guys are both suggesting the same thing.

The goal is to let people pick whatever, but just to make sure they always have something useful.

4. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I'm not clear on what this suggestion actually is. Could someone explain a little further? Give scenarios of the problem...

5. Tsunder

Tsunder Server Admin
    Server Admin

What I initially had in mind was a way to setup the !guns menu to, incase someone closed it initially to default to a P90 and dual berretas. So stops alot of situations where people end up spawning with no gun or only a pistol.

6. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

It doesn't auto give out weapons I believe.

7. Fuze

Fuze Server Admin
    Server Admin

I don't think this is really a big problem. Like Hardcore said, It allows people to choose the weapons they wan't to use. Also what I wan't to mention is about troll guns is It shouldn't really matter what people choose to use since a lot of people wan't to use guns that are more intriguing and self challenge per say, other than that, its better if the new players learn how to use the system which is not difficult at all. Everyone starts off as a noob.

8. Hardcore

Council Member

@bor3d I think what people are more less asking for is to change it so that on the initial spawn instead of just a USP give everyone a P90 + Dual Barrettas regardless of if they use the !guns menu which might not be straight forward to new joiners, sometimes is iffy first round, or what not. I found a list of Server Item commands (I posted some that aren't relitive but mostly the "mp_ct_default_primary" style ones. Hopefully T commands will be of use too since Zombies are stripped of weapons anyways.

// item convars
    mp_death_drop_defuser 1 // Whether a defuser drops from a player holding on when they die
    mp_death_drop_grenade 1 // Which grenade to drop on player death: 0=none, 1=best, 2=current or best
    mp_death_drop_gun 1 // Which gun to drop on player death: 0=none, 1=best, 2=current or best
    mp_deathcam_skippable 1 // Determines whether a player can early-out of the deathcam
    mp_defuser_allocation 1 // How to allocate defusers to CTs at start or round: 0=none, 1=random, 2=everyone
    mp_give_player_c4 1 // Whether this map should spawn a c4 bomb for a player or not
    mp_free_armor 1 // Determines whether armor and helmet are given automatically.
    mp_molotovusedelay 1 // Number of seconds to delay before the molotov can be used after acquiring it
    mp_weapons_allow_zeus 1 // Determines whether the Zeus is purchasable or not
    mp_weapons_allow_map_placed 1 // If this convar is set, when a match starts, the game will not delete weapons placed in the map.
    mp_weapons_glow_on_ground 1 // If this convar is set, weapons on the ground will have a glow around them and can be seen through walls.
    mp_ct_default_melee 1 // The default melee weapon that the CTs will spawn with. Even if this is blank, a knife will be given. To give a taser, it should look like this: 'weapon_knife weapon_taser'. Remember to set mp_weapons_allow_zeus to 1 if you want to give a taser!
    mp_ct_default_secondary 1 // The default secondary (pistol) weapon that the CTs will spawn with
    mp_ct_default_primary 1 // The default primary (rifle) weapon that the CTs will spawn with
    mp_ct_default_grenades 1 // The default grenades that the CTs will spawn with. To give multiple grenades, separate each weapon class with a space like this: 'weapon_molotov weapon_hegrenade'
    mp_t_default_melee 1 // The default melee weapon that the Ts will spawn with. Even if this is blank, a knife will be given. To give a taser, it should look like this: 'weapon_knife weapon_taser'. Remember to set mp_weapons_allow_zeus to 1 if you want to give a taser!
    mp_t_default_secondary 1 // The default secondary (pistol) weapon that the Ts will spawn with
    mp_t_default_primary 1 // The default primary (rifle) weapon that the Ts will spawn with
    mp_t_default_grenades 1 // The default grenades that the CTs will spawn with. To give multiple grenades, separate each weapon class with a space like this: 'weapon_molotov weapon_hegrenade'
    mp_buy_allow_grenades 1 // Whether or not grenades can be purchased from the buy menu
    mp_weapons_allow_typecount 1 // How many weapons of each type can be purchased

9. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I'm looking at having the !guns system changed a bit. It's currently under development and hopefully be done by this week:
    • The plugin will respect the restricted weapons and only give out unrestricted weapons.
    • The plugin will have a default give out of weapons for those who have not set anything up yet.
    • The plugin will only allow a certain amount of grenades to be given out each round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hardcore

Council Member

Those all sound like great solutions to the problems we've been having.

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
      Founder

I've added a default loadout of a p90 and elite pistol for people who have not yet setup !guns.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1