Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Approved Game Servers Suggestion: adding zombie protection for ze_ffvii_mako_reactor

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Tsunder, Sep 23, 2016.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I like it, let's do it!

50.0%
  2. I'm not a fan, no thanks...

50.0%
  1. Tsunder

Tsunder Server Admin
    Server Admin

What is your suggestion for?:
    Game Servers
    Brief title of your suggestion:
    adding zombie protection for ze_ffvii_mako_reactor
    Tell us your suggestion:
    It'd be cool that for the first 35 seconds of each round on Mako reactor, you get immunity to zombie infection. in most cases the timer is a really silly time before the trains open up so it ends up giving the zombies a decent advantage if they catch a lone player or 2 and from 1-2 zombies you get 2-4 ect. Overall i'd think it would fix alot of the frustration that we are getting and wouldn't hinder the gameplay in most cases.​

2. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

I'm not sure what timer you're talking about...do you mean the zombie spawn timer you see? That's about 35 seconds on Mako...

3. Tsunder

Tsunder Server Admin
    Server Admin

The map itself seems to be changing the zombie spawn timer. It never stays at just 30 seconds to where the trains open up. What I mean is if there's a possibility to include a timer such as when using the !respawn command where you have zombie immunity for x amount of seconds.

4. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

There is no real immunity plugin for ZE that will give humans immunity after the zombies spawn. The zombies get moved all the way back so humans should have 0 problem escaping. Unless they are slow. Also if the zombie is spawning early before the teleport, all you have to do is pay attention. Not sure what the issue is?

5. Tsunder

Tsunder Server Admin
    Server Admin

Well the real issue is when the timer is silly early like in the 10-12 second range and it's just impossible without a negev to hold a zombie off by your lonesome. If there's no plugin then no point asking i guess :'-(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • bor3d

bor3d Founder
      Founder

I've redone and tested the map config for mako and when I tested it, I was getting 32 seconds 4 times in a row. You're welcome to test now and see if it works for you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Fruit

Fruit Does not Expire
        Council Member

The zombie spawn timer still changes randomly. I have no idea why it likes to range from a spawn time from 10-33 secs. Usually it sticks around 20-27 secs, but sometimes they spawn too early (10 secs). I personally do not mind this tbh, but others seem to have quite a difficult time fending off the zombie in train car when they spawn so early, causing upsets. Zombie protection for 30 secs would be an ideal addition to Mako due to all the NEW players having not much experience with Mako or zombie escape in general. I would keep zombie protection in place on Mako until the people have developed more zombie awareness when they become regulars. At least that is what I think what would be a good suggestion.

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
        Founder

I've asked the SourceMod community about it, but I doubt anyone will respond. It just may end up being one those things unfortunately.

• Informative Informative x 1
        • purplex

purplex n00b

#9 purplex, Sep 28, 2016
          Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
          i hope they ether fix the spawn timing of give us invincibly tell they get teleported to the z spawn. still each time i am spawn with the zombie and i have a Negev and i can't hold back the 1 zombie all by my self then when i become zombie then i easily get the humans .:'-( Honestly I think we should try to fix the timer and/or fix the doors as well because the doors take up to at least 30 seconds to open. when you have 1 Negev and you are with the zombie and the timer is still going the out of Negev
          ammo then when you need to reload then the zombie gets to you. :veryangry: or we could have unlimited ammo in the cars to fix that problem as well... because we would run out of ammo. so I think we should have that in the cars to fix the zombie problem

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
          Founder

As it's been mentioned, the timer right now just isn't working as planned at the start, but we've been able to get through this before many times. It's not that hard to pay attention.

As for the in-game timers, that is what the map maker created and that's what it is. There is no changing that.

Also, no unlimited ammo.

• purplex

purplex n00b

OK so then i have one question then how is 1 Negev going to fend of one zombie in the same train then ?? well i have tried that multiple times and yet is it not possible because the door opens 30 seconds later as the zombie timer starts then you have roughly around like 10 to 15 seconds to fend them off while we sit their and hope that the door opens up in time before you run out of ammo

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
          Founder

I've added spawn protection to Mako for 33 seconds. This should help alleviate people dying too early.

• Like Like x 1
          • Captain Toast

I'm a bit iffy on this. I'm pretty sure the reason its done is to make the map harder. Its suppose to be that way. Then again, the locked cages could be for servers that spawn 1 zombie no matter what, instead of using a fraction of the actual population.

• Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
            Council Member

Nearly every server on source would set the timer to exactly when when doors open, and it teleports Ts back. Some would even set it to 40-45 seconds so the humans got a massive head start. Zombies generally overrun things with ease if they start with too many.

• Captain Toast

I get that, but as it isn't right now, I don't think enough spawn at the start.

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
            Founder

This is all opinion and can only be based on how well it performs when the server is close to full. Right now I see no reason to make further changes unless we get mass complaints.

• Agree Agree x 1