Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register ยป

Donating to a Worthy Cause!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by bor3d, Oct 6, 2016.

1. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

#1 bor3d, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Taking a look at the donations over the past few months, I've been really pleased with everyone and your hard work. It's definitely taken a lot of strain off me ensuring the servers are up and running without interruption! As we move into the next cycle for donations, I wanted to point out that I'll be doing something a little different this month...

On November 5, I will be doing a 24-hour game-a-thon charity event with a few friends. I will be playing a variety of games with them from console to PC. Of course, this event will also coincide with a bG Event on Saturday night. I'll be posting more about that as we get closer to November. My hope is to get the bG servers extremely populated the night of the 5th and spread awareness around this charity event.

The charity, called Extra-Life, is a cool project that allows gamers to give back to help save the lives of children. The event works with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and allows you to pick a hospital near you to support. I've chosen a hospital in my home state which will receive all the donations I collect. So in the month of October, I'll be directing ALL DONATIONS to Extra-Life.

A few days before the event I will PayPal all donations from the Bor3d Gaming Community to my Extra-Life page. The donations will be from the bG Community and I'll name all those who participated. While every month I always urge you guys to donate to keep bG up and running...this month I'm urging you to help save a child's life. This may be one of the more important donations we've ever done here at bG. If you want to be a part of something special, please be sure to donate!

If you wish to simply donate directly to my Extra-Life page, you can visit: John Lewis | http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=219942

Click the big blue "DONATE" button and go about selecting any amount you feel comfortable with.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all around on November 5th to help celebrate this event. I'll be posting the event later this evening :).

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
      Council Member

Awesome idea, I hope we can really rally the community around this.

• Jesus

Jesus Server Admin
      Server Admin

I LOVE THIS PLAN!!

• Kosmic'Buck

Kosmic'Buck Server Admin
      Server Admin

Could we do another community night? I liked when we did that, cause I got to donate to them and I could stream during that night and get more people to join the server when in turn will get more donations?

• Like Like x 1
      • bor3d

bor3d Founder
        Founder

I may do another one in the Summer, but it has to be after my wedding.

• Like Like x 1