Do you still play Counter-Strike: GO?

So how about it, do you still play?

• Yup, I play pretty frequently...

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Kind of, I play once and a while if I'm in the mood...

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Not really, I've moved on to other Steam games

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Hey guys!

It's been a while and I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been focused on starting my company which is pretty exciting! I am hoping to pick up the activity on the forum and website once I get back from vacation on the 13th.

So I created this poll because I wanted to get a sense of how many of you still really play CSGO. This must seem like a silly question since bG is a CSGO community, but it doesn't seem like many people play it these days.

Is that just a bG thing or is it because you've moved onto other games?

Give me your honest feedback!

Buck

Admin Eligible
I'll tell you my overall opinion, I personally hop on the servers quite often only to find little to no players joining. I then will hop onto other games due to the fact that there is no one on the the servers and fellow bG members of the past and present are not joining servers hence I tend to get "bored" because there is no one. On occasion I do play competitive though. Overall, I would really love for bG members to be more active including fellow admins and council members but nowadays I hop between games very frequently whilst in the past I had played css all the time because the community kept bringing me back.

I play CSGO ZE all the time, I also look to see if there are any active users on bG ZE and I never see any. If we could get a steady daily player base going again that would be awesome. Also maybe a skin or 2 for the vets/5plus year players.

Heyo buckos, hope life's been well.

It's always been between what game I love at the time, and the friends and folk around who play it with me, but something else kind of just changed. Prepping for the new WoW expansion, Monster Hunter World, there are games on the horizon that aren't the same as that "Source Game Community" vibe that I loved years ago. After League of Legends, I guess I along with others moved to other things, and that's just life with gaming.

I will say that one thing which kind of signaled the tailend of bG ZE for me, was when it migrated over from Source to GO. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to go back to Source, or if the ZE community back there is still alive, but the game just felt better to play, all the graphics and models were old and goofy and it had this nostalgic feel that was addicting. Also the maps worked, that too.

Like ZE and bG were pretty great periods of gaming, and I wouldn't change that if I went back. Except all the yelling and barking into the mic, pardon for that.

Cheers, and good fortune old friends!

(Sorry if any bad grammar, speedy reply on mobile) Personally I've just been too busy with stuff to get on consistently. Even worse is that no one is on anyway. I would love to stick around and see but everytime there is a revival event it doesn't really attract me like it used to. I'm sure I would have a fun time joining again if it were like old times but that in its self really goes to show what I believe damaged the servers population is the sheer number of people who were regulars and knew all the metas and so on. I joined at a time around when activity started to shift away and the usual were down to a select few and I felt it was easier to get to know all the people on in a sense. I really don't know exactly why no one really gets on any more, but there are a lot of elements that caused the absence of players. Like anyone who has ever enjoyed bG would say "I would get on if more people played it," and in a sense I feel the same way.

Fruit

Does not Expire
Admin Eligible
Well I really don't want to shove any personal stuff in here, but my life's in a mess right now. So my dedication has dwindled drastically because of it. Don't get me wrong, I love bG and everything about it, it's just I don't really have the "time" anymore like I use to. I work a lot and do School a lot, and all I really want to do is play games that will relieve that stress. I'm going to be frank: getting on a server that's empty a lot and trying to populate it only adds to my stress, and as a result I "curl up in a ball" and try to ignore it (dont get me wrong, It wasnt really all that stressful for a time, but after a while it started to turn into it after days repeated of not being able to get anyone on). I know, its really shameful cause I was really optimistic about getting the server back to life. I really thought we could do it, but it started to get overwhelming. We hit a steady population for a little bit, (I really hate to say this) but when the servers crashed when they were reaching max capacity, a lot of that population was driven off. This was when it first started getting full. After that, its been hard reaching a steady population, we did get around maybe 20 or so players. But a lot of them were regulars. Another problem was when the regulars got off, a lot of the other regulars got off. Then the domino effect happened.

All in all, I tried the best that I could, but it was starting to get too much. I sent out invites to as many as I could that would help the server. I thank everyone that has helped me a lot in the past populating the server!! I love you all, and thank you again for helping with population!

Last edited:

Hardcore

Currently Online.. Probably.
Admin Eligible
I still play CS:GO, but I've kind of moved away from the gamemodes bG hosts and with large amounts of activity to an occasional comp game with the odd friend. I also have been playing different games to mix it up a bit more. I would even go as far to say that it's almost been out of mind, but even when it hasn't been bG still has a population issue as many of us talk about.

Of course, life gets busy. School, moving, ect. It's hard to be the one sitting in an empty server on a community that wouldn't necessarily even check that's a small chunk of what it used to be. Ze can't really be played well without a half dozen players.

I play occasionally, and the honest reason for doing so is the lack of community. pF was good but were fun police rather than plaguefest. GFL has some good games but they are frankly too lenient. I don't need to hear some 13 year old yell out the N word endlessly. I miss the bG community. Have a lot of fun, with rules to mitigate griefing. I still play the CS version of ZE, not much with CS:GO. Since we all started playing I've married, had kids, got divorced and other adult life shit. But I would love for the community to come together and play regularly. I never did win on Predator or Skyrim. Hopefully, someday.

I still play CS:GO, but I've kind of moved away from the gamemodes bG hosts and with large amounts of activity to an occasional comp game with the odd friend. I also have been playing different games to mix it up a bit more. I would even go as far to say that it's almost been out of mind, but even when it hasn't been bG still has a population issue as many of us talk about.

Of course, life gets busy. School, moving, ect. It's hard to be the one sitting in an empty server on a community that wouldn't necessarily even check that's a small chunk of what it used to be. Ze can't really be played well without a half dozen players.
Jesus, Hardcore, I haven't seen you in ages. What games you playing these days?

I play mostly competitive now but I still play everyother day but I remember bG ze being very fun on css haven't gotten on the csgo servers as much as I should have though

The PC I had when everything got switched over to CS:GO wasn't really capable enough, which meant it was just no fun playing ZE in CS:GO and I think that's when I really started playing more QuakeLive. Also, in my active bG days I was a freelancer with extremely flexible working hours and it was no problem staying up till 3 or 4 am (needed to catch the evening US people if you live in Europe), but that has changed now as well. I'm usually up till "only" 1 am now, but quite tired then and not really looking for some enthusiastic spoken banter. Then again, reading through some other comments here it looks like there's not that many people on anyway, even at those late hours?

the panorama has been kinda weird to get used to but i'll play comp every once in a while. haven't been on the bG custom servers in quite a while since CSS but I'll come check in out again soon in CSGO

I'll tell you my overall opinion, I personally hop on the servers quite often only to find little to no players joining. I then will hop onto other games due to the fact that there is no one on the the servers and fellow bG members of the past and present are not joining servers hence I tend to get "bored" because there is no one. On occasion I do play competitive though. Overall, I would really love for bG members to be more active including fellow admins and council members but nowadays I hop between games very frequently whilst in the past I had played css all the time because the community kept bringing me back.
Activity is definitely something I am hoping to fix. However, it's a vicisious cycle. Without dedicated players to idle, the servers will never get populated.
I play CSGO ZE all the time, I also look to see if there are any active users on bG ZE and I never see any. If we could get a steady daily player base going again that would be awesome. Also maybe a skin or 2 for the vets/5plus year players.
I've adjusted some of the skins in ZE, but adding more skins adds to the download time. While it's nice to be different, I do not want to impact how hard it is to connect to the servers.
Heyo buckos, hope life's been well.

It's always been between what game I love at the time, and the friends and folk around who play it with me, but something else kind of just changed. Prepping for the new WoW expansion, Monster Hunter World, there are games on the horizon that aren't the same as that "Source Game Community" vibe that I loved years ago. After League of Legends, I guess I along with others moved to other things, and that's just life with gaming.

I will say that one thing which kind of signaled the tailend of bG ZE for me, was when it migrated over from Source to GO. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to go back to Source, or if the ZE community back there is still alive, but the game just felt better to play, all the graphics and models were old and goofy and it had this nostalgic feel that was addicting. Also the maps worked, that too.

Like ZE and bG were pretty great periods of gaming, and I wouldn't change that if I went back. Except all the yelling and barking into the mic, pardon for that.

Cheers, and good fortune old friends!
I would give CSGO ZE a shot @Homedog if you haven't recently. It's much more stable and overall I think the experience is pretty comparable. There are also some fantastic maps that have been developed specifically for CSGO that I love.
(Sorry if any bad grammar, speedy reply on mobile) Personally I've just been too busy with stuff to get on consistently. Even worse is that no one is on anyway. I would love to stick around and see but everytime there is a revival event it doesn't really attract me like it used to. I'm sure I would have a fun time joining again if it were like old times but that in its self really goes to show what I believe damaged the servers population is the sheer number of people who were regulars and knew all the metas and so on. I joined at a time around when activity started to shift away and the usual were down to a select few and I felt it was easier to get to know all the people on in a sense. I really don't know exactly why no one really gets on any more, but there are a lot of elements that caused the absence of players. Like anyone who has ever enjoyed bG would say "I would get on if more people played it," and in a sense I feel the same way.
It has to start somewhere though. People have to be willing to idle and hang out in order to get a new base of players.
Well I really don't want to shove any personal stuff in here, but my life's in a mess right now. So my dedication has dwindled drastically because of it. Don't get me wrong, I love bG and everything about it, it's just I don't really have the "time" anymore like I use to. I work a lot and do School a lot, and all I really want to do is play games that will relieve that stress. I'm going to be frank: getting on a server that's empty a lot and trying to populate it only adds to my stress, and as a result I "curl up in a ball" and try to ignore it (dont get me wrong, It wasnt really all that stressful for a time, but after a while it started to turn into it after days repeated of not being able to get anyone on). I know, its really shameful cause I was really optimistic about getting the server back to life. I really thought we could do it, but it started to get overwhelming. We hit a steady population for a little bit, (I really hate to say this) but when the servers crashed when they were reaching max capacity, a lot of that population was driven off. This was when it first started getting full. After that, its been hard reaching a steady population, we did get around maybe 20 or so players. But a lot of them were regulars. Another problem was when the regulars got off, a lot of the other regulars got off. Then the domino effect happened.

All in all, I tried the best that I could, but it was starting to get too much. I sent out invites to as many as I could that would help the server. I thank everyone that has helped me a lot in the past populating the server!! I love you all, and thank you again for helping with population!
Appreciate your efforts Fruit and thanks for everything you've done. If you feel like stepping down, let me know.

It's true, but would like to see who is going to be active enough to handle this. If we don't establish a new base of players, it will never matter.
I play occasionally, and the honest reason for doing so is the lack of community. pF was good but were fun police rather than plaguefest. GFL has some good games but they are frankly too lenient. I don't need to hear some 13 year old yell out the N word endlessly. I miss the bG community. Have a lot of fun, with rules to mitigate griefing. I still play the CS version of ZE, not much with CS:GO. Since we all started playing I've married, had kids, got divorced and other adult life shit. But I would love for the community to come together and play regularly. I never did win on Predator or Skyrim. Hopefully, someday.
I'd say just give it a shot if you see people on every once and a while. All it takes if a few to get the ball rolling.
We're missing Vitamyn, Furious, Bubbles and some others.
I wouldn't expect much from that crew.
I play mostly competitive now but I still play everyother day but I remember bG ze being very fun on css haven't gotten on the csgo servers as much as I should have though
It's worth a shot :)
The PC I had when everything got switched over to CS:GO wasn't really capable enough, which meant it was just no fun playing ZE in CS:GO and I think that's when I really started playing more QuakeLive. Also, in my active bG days I was a freelancer with extremely flexible working hours and it was no problem staying up till 3 or 4 am (needed to catch the evening US people if you live in Europe), but that has changed now as well. I'm usually up till "only" 1 am now, but quite tired then and not really looking for some enthusiastic spoken banter. Then again, reading through some other comments here it looks like there's not that many people on anyway, even at those late hours?
Not many people hop on, but the CSGO community is weird now. Most people don't play unless you have special plugins that allow you to access gun skins, etc. Those types of plugins get your game tokens banned. Communities have a way around it, but it's not something I want to do for bG.