Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community. Register »

Breakdown of Bor3d Gaming Costs

Discussion in 'Community News' started by bor3d, May 29, 2016.

1. bor3d

bor3d Founder
    Founder

#1 bor3d, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Hey Guys,

In an effort for transparency, I feel it would be useful to share how much money goes into keeping Bor3d Gaming alive. As you know I request donations monthly from everyone, but that's only a portion of what is paid out of pocket. I don't think many communities do this and I don't want anyone thinking I pocket a dime of your money. So here is what I spend those donations costs and what comes out of my pocket:
    • Dedicated Server: $99 per month
    • Control Panel Software: $15.95 per month
    • Web Hosting: $57 per month
    • Forum Software: $40 per year
    • gameMe Stats: $7 per month
    So whenever you guys donate to cover the dedicated game server and TeamSpeak costs, I'm left with $82.99 per month (roughly).

Trust me, no pity party here for me. I enjoy running Bor3d Gaming, but I also want to show why donations are so important. A little bit to alleviate the burden of all these bills is a great thing to have. So please, continue to donate when you can!

This also does not include custom plugin development that can happen time to time. So far I've already spent $290 total on custom server and forum plugins.

So if you're up for helping me keep Bor3d Gaming alive, please feel free to donate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Horny Judith

Donor

I will try to support as much as I can with my own illegibility which I also enjoy playing on the server. So far to me, [BG] is a great community and I hope it will be for how long it will progress.

• Like Like x 1
      • Fuze

Fuze Server Admin
        Server Admin

So I know this is kinda late to realize but I don’t think we really need a dedicated team speak since we can use another software such as discord which is just as good as teamspeak or even better. Also it is %100 free. This is just a suggestion but you can easily save the $30 from doing so. If you would like, I can set the whole discord server up or bored itself can do it vice versa.

• Fruit

Fruit Does not Expire
        Council Member

Bor3d shut down the Teamspeak server already. (at least I think so) We now use discord instead of Ts3.
        Discord Server is Back! | https://www.bor3dgaming.com/threads/discord-server-is-back.446/

I will donate more this upcoming month to help bor3d out this christmas. I will have a much bigger paycheck this month cause of holiday hours.

• Fuze

Fuze Server Admin
        Server Admin

Awesome, that is great to hear

• Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon The Frosty One
        Council Member

The advertisement for the TS3 -server is still present in-game.
        Just wanted to point that out. Maybe add a "!discord" command to link the invite for our Discord.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Hardcore

Hardcore Currently Online.. Probably.
          Council Member

I am pretty sure the TS3 is still running (I'd checked out of curiosity not too long ago). I'd never thought I'd say this but I think discord is a good replacement as people are thinning out of teamspeak. Is there some way to get admin right on it btw, at the moment it's only Blue + Bor3d and it'd be a lot more usable if admins could manage spammers.

• bor3d

bor3d Founder
          Founder

#8 bor3d, Dec 1, 2017
          Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
          I'm in the process of removing it.

Edit: It's been removed and the discord server should now be getting some love.

• Like Like x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1