- It took a little bit of working and YouTube tutorial watching, but I was able to set us up with a TeamSpeak server. It's currently up and running with a couple of cool features.
Simply connect to that address (no port needed) and you will be able to join the TeamSpeak server. Before you do that though, if you're a registered forum member then you should sync your account!
What this will do is give you the necessary permissions you need to enter channels you should have access to automatically. For example if you're a donor, then you'll have access to the Donor channel. Sweet huh? I love plugins!
Be sure to check that out and you can also see who's in the server by visiting: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/account/teamspeak
- Just a notice that at 2:00 AM both the web server and game servers will be going offline. I am moving the web hosting platform to a new stack and thus it has to have some downtime to resync. Since the servers use the MySQL database attached to our web server, I'll be taking down as well. It should be back up and running by tomorrow morning at the latest. I'll reply once this is all sorted out.
- Hey All,
As you know we've been using discord as our voice communication tool for a while, but doesn't seem like many people use it. I am curious if that's because they don't need it or because it's Discord and not TeamSpeak. So I opened up this community poll to hear your voices on the matter. I'm open to switching to TS3 if we get the support for it, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to changes.
Let me know what you think!
- Hey Guys,
In an effort for transparency, I feel it would be useful to share how much money goes into keeping Bor3d Gaming alive. As you know I request donations monthly from everyone, but that's only a portion of what is paid out of pocket. I don't think many communities do this and I don't want anyone thinking I pocket a dime of your money. So here is what I spend those donations costs and what comes out of my pocket:
- Dedicated Server: $99 per month
- Control Panel Software: $15.95 per month
- Web Hosting: $57 per month
- Forum Software: $40 per year
- gameMe Stats: $7 per month
Trust me, no pity party here for me. I enjoy running Bor3d Gaming, but I also want to show why donations are so important. A little bit to alleviate the burden of all these bills is a great thing to have. So please, continue to donate when you can!
This also does not include custom plugin development that can happen time to time. So far I've already spent $290 total on custom server and forum plugins.
So if you're up for helping me keep Bor3d Gaming alive, please feel free to donate.
- Added a new plugin to the surf server that will give you store credits for completing surf maps. It will give you 50 credits for the first time you beat a map and then 10 credits every additional time. So keep working hard to complete those surf maps, they'll be worth it!
- It can't be easy looking at the store and seeing those crazy high prices huh? What were we thinking, right? Well, if you want to make a butt load of credits quickly and easily then there is a sure fire way to do that. Register on the forums!
Yup, it's that simple. If you take the two minutes to register for a forum account and authenticate your account with, you'll be given 200 credits the next time you join any of our servers! You can easily authenticate your account by visiting: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/account/external-accounts
Simply login with your Steam credentials and your Steam ID will be associated to your forum account. This is how we know it's you who deserves the credits.
Admins, if someone claims they didn't get the credits, have them report it on the forums. More than likely it was user error and we'll need to debug. Otherwise, do not give anyone the 200 credits on your own.
Thanks all for continuing to support Bor3d Gaming!
- While we have had some pretty good success with the Zombie Escape and Surf Servers, I've noticed that the pub server has been getting absolutely no love. After doing a bit of research on some of the more popular mods for CS:GO, I discovered that 1v1 arena's have been doing fairly well. Because of that I've changed the Pub Fest server to the new 1v1 Arena server.
So, what is 1v1 Arena?
Essentially it contains custom maps that have a handful of sealed off areas where you can 1v1 someone at random. You both will spawn over and over fighting each other in a 1v1 battle until there is a clear winner.
Are there stats for this server?
The typical gameMe stats will still be enabled, but there is also a specific ranking system for server. You can view your ranking and the ranking of the top players here: Bor3d Gaming Multi 1v1 Arena | http://1v1stats.bor3dgaming.com
You can view these stats by typing in !stats in the game server.
Can we do anything special in the game server?
I've added additional plugins that will allow you to change your 1v1 settings to headshot only. You can change your settings by typing !guns in the server. However, it will only be headshot only if your opponent has headshot only set as well. You can also challenge specific players if you would like by typing the !challenge command in-game.
So take some time out of your busy day and give this server a try. It could be good practice for those of you who play a lot of competitive battles. Feedback is always appreciated!
- Added a couple of new ZE maps to the server today. Check them out and let me know what you think:
Page 1 of 3