In an effort for transparency, I feel it would be useful to share how much money goes into keeping Bor3d Gaming alive. As you know I request donations monthly from everyone, but that's only a portion of what is paid out of pocket. I don't think many communities do this and I don't want anyone thinking I pocket a dime of your money. So here is what I spend those donations costs and what comes out of my pocket:
- Dedicated Server: $99 per month
- Control Panel Software: $15.95 per month
- Web Hosting: $57 per month
- Forum Software: $40 per year
- gameMe Stats: $7 per month
Trust me, no pity party here for me. I enjoy running Bor3d Gaming, but I also want to show why donations are so important. A little bit to alleviate the burden of all these bills is a great thing to have. So please, continue to donate when you can!
This also does not include custom plugin development that can happen time to time. So far I've already spent $290 total on custom server and forum plugins.
So if you're up for helping me keep Bor3d Gaming alive, please feel free to donate.
Added a new plugin to the surf server that will give you store credits for completing surf maps. It will give you 50 credits for the first time you beat a map and then 10 credits every additional time. So keep working hard to complete those surf maps, they'll be worth it!
It can't be easy looking at the store and seeing those crazy high prices huh? What were we thinking, right? Well, if you want to make a butt load of credits quickly and easily then there is a sure fire way to do that. Register on the forums!
Yup, it's that simple. If you take the two minutes to register for a forum account and authenticate your account with, you'll be given 200 credits the next time you join any of our servers! You can easily authenticate your account by visiting: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/account/external-accounts
Simply login with your Steam credentials and your Steam ID will be associated to your forum account. This is how we know it's you who deserves the credits.
Admins, if someone claims they didn't get the credits, have them report it on the forums. More than likely it was user error and we'll need to debug. Otherwise, do not give anyone the 200 credits on your own.
Thanks all for continuing to support Bor3d Gaming!
While we have had some pretty good success with the Zombie Escape and Surf Servers, I've noticed that the pub server has been getting absolutely no love. After doing a bit of research on some of the more popular mods for CS:GO, I discovered that 1v1 arena's have been doing fairly well. Because of that I've changed the Pub Fest server to the new 1v1 Arena server.
So, what is 1v1 Arena?
Essentially it contains custom maps that have a handful of sealed off areas where you can 1v1 someone at random. You both will spawn over and over fighting each other in a 1v1 battle until there is a clear winner.
Are there stats for this server?
The typical gameMe stats will still be enabled, but there is also a specific ranking system for server. You can view your ranking and the ranking of the top players here: Bor3d Gaming Multi 1v1 Arena | http://1v1stats.bor3dgaming.com
You can view these stats by typing in !stats in the game server.
Can we do anything special in the game server?
I've added additional plugins that will allow you to change your 1v1 settings to headshot only. You can change your settings by typing !guns in the server. However, it will only be headshot only if your opponent has headshot only set as well. You can also challenge specific players if you would like by typing the !challenge command in-game.
So take some time out of your busy day and give this server a try. It could be good practice for those of you who play a lot of competitive battles. Feedback is always appreciated!
Added a couple of new ZE maps to the server today. Check them out and let me know what you think:
I did some messing around last night on the server and added a couple new plugins:
- Weapons Management: I added a plugin that handles weapons management a little differently. You can now select your gun purchase method and set it to purchase those items every round or have the plugin give you a random setup every round. Up to you!
- Health Shot: Donors now have access to the healthshot item in CSGO. This item gives you 50 health and you can use it how you see fit. It's available to Donors + Admins at the moment.
- Smoke Grenades Re-Enabled: I have re-enabled smoke grenades which work as freeze grenades. Now that we have both smoke and decoys working as freeze grenades, humans now have 2 freeze grenades.
- Automatic Grenades: The server will give you 1 smoke, 1 he and 1 decoy automatically every round. This way we avoid humans who don't have weapons. This only applies after you've selected your weapons preference using the menu I mentioned above.
Added a couple new surf maps to the server. They range from the tier 1-2 range and shouldn't be overly difficult. Hope you guys enjoy them:
Page 1 of 3